Board of Directors
Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put your talent in strategic thinking, financial forecasting, organization behavior, project management, or policy advocacy in the service of a great cause?
Well, look no further! If you are committed to supporting our community's youth through positive engagement opportunities, leadership development, and mentoring? We are looking for you!
Lowcountry Youth Services (LYS) is looking for leaders like you to join our board of directors. For ten years, LYS has been serving the Tri-County area, ensuring that young people have quality opportunities to be mentored, encouraged and supported through our youth engagement programs. We are building a volunteer board that will be the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that we deliver real results in our work for children, respond to changes in our community, and always provide the highest ethical standards worthy of our public support.
If you are one or more of the following, we’d like to talk to you:
- • Energetic and entrepreneurial business people, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put their enthusiasm for changing the world to work for our children.
- • Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers to support youth development programs.
- • Astute governmental advocates who can assist in navigating the political landscape of policy development, funding, and legislation.
- • Leaders at our partner agencies – mentor, parenting, education, criminal justice, child and youth services -- interested in building vital programs with us.
- • Health care professionals – pediatricians, public health, health associations – dedicated to helping children.
- • Scholars/academics who want to put their expertise in child development, physical and mental health promotion, children, youth, and families to work in the community.
- • Parents/grandparents and others who have a demonstrated talent, joy, and energy in chairing successful fundraising events and promotions.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find board service very rewarding. We are looking for folks who will:
- • Attend 12 board meetings annually
- • Actively serve on one of our committees: Event Planning, Fundraising, Finance and, Governance
- • Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
- • Be always curious to learn more about the field of youth development and mentorship as well as nonprofit governance
- • Make a personal, charitable contribution to LYS, to the best of their ability